What documents are required for the flight of a pregnant woman?
Pregnant women traveling between weeks 28 and 35 must carry a medical certificate stating:
- gestational age in relation to the date of transportation (not earlier than 7 days before the start of transportation);
- Information about the absence of medical contraindications for the flight.
Air transportation is not recommended for women and within 7 days after delivery.
A doctor's written consent for transportation is required if:
- delivery is expected within four weeks;
- there are complications during pregnancy;
- There is uncertainty about the timing of delivery, or a complicated delivery is expected.
In these cases, the medical certificate must be issued within 7 days before the start of the trip.